Sunday, December 3, 2017

Backgrounds

After some deliberation, I have decided to use the backgrounds I created in Maya by themselves and not to paint over them. Painting over them proved to be very time consuming, especially because i wanted to keep the lighting effect I had acheived using Maya, and in the end some of the ones i painted over simply looked worse than the maya screenshots. I also received feedback from peers about how much they liked my backgrounds and now feel confident enough to use them in the final animation. I also think this may make the 2D animated parts of the animation work better alongside Alice's 3D flashback part, perhaps making the switch from 2D to 3D less jarring. I regret having spent some time painting over the backgrounds but I have learned from this mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment