Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Documentary Research

I have formed a team with Andy and Liam for the documentary brief, and we have decided that we will be focusing on the golden age of Piracy for our animation, specifically on Blackbeard's death. I will be doing the backgrounds for the animation, as well as animating, which we have decided will be in a paper cut-out style. We have also decided we want the character designs to look quite illustrative, as if from an old history book. We intend the documentary to be an expository, narrated style documentary to tell the facts of Blackbeards death. In terms of research, sources like books, documentaries, and trying to get in touch with professionals and visit museums.
Below is a mood board I have put together with some research that will be essential knowledge to make this documentary. I have researched and gathered images from the setting of this event, (Virginia, Ocracoke island, surrounding sea) as this will be necessary to me when creating the backgrounds. I have also gathered some illustrations of Blackbeard himself as inspiration for what our character designs might look like, as well as looking at details like the ships (sloops) used and Blackbeard's flag. I have also linked some documentaries I watched as research. 




No comments:

Post a Comment