Thursday, January 24, 2019

Background digital painting practice

This week i have been working on sketching out ideas for the house that the exorcism will take place in. I painted the scooby doo background below, which i felt helped me get a feel for painting in that style and i think turned out very striking. I then took this knowledge and drew my own house, based off research of different typical american looking houses i had done. I tried painting these houses as i had done when copying the scooby doo backgrounds, and playing around with changing the colours in hue and saturation settings. I wanted to have strongly contrasting colours and lighting, and was quite happy with this result. I then sketched out another house, this time skewing the bottom to make it look imposing, and used flat colours to paint it. I really like the simple effect the flat colours have, and i think this is the style we will use for all of the backgrounds in the animation.





No comments:

Post a Comment