Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Commission live brief

For one of my live briefs I will be doing a live brief for a client who was referred to me through a family member. They wanted to commission a digital piece of artwork for their daughters bedroom. After talking with them, they made it clear that they were open to my ideas and that i would have free reign with the idea. I came up with a few ideas and they advised me as to what kind of thing both they and their daughter would like. They knew they wanted a landscape painting done with a fantasy feel to it, but were open to my ideas about what would look good. A few of the ideas were sceneries with castles, fairytale landscapes and forests. When i suggested the idea of a forest made from sweets, like the candy forest from the fairytale 'Hansel and Gretel', the client and her daughter were very enthusiastic about going forward with this idea. I then came up with some rough layouts and the client told me which one they would prefer. They also gave me a timeframe of 3 weeks to get it done, which i felt is a good amount of time to get it done along with working on my main extended practice project. Below are some of the very rough layouts i drew up to show the client before they decided they wanted a candyland themed one.





No comments:

Post a Comment