Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Environmental Drawing


For my exterior environment I decided to draw the Dark Arches. I thought this was a nice place to draw because I liked the contrast between light and dark in this space. I really tried to capture this in the drawings by using materials like biro, charcoal, pastels and dark graphite pencil. I think these mediums really emphasised the features I wanted to be seen, like the arches themselves. I found it hard to get the perspective in many of the drawings I did here right but I think I achieved it in the end. It was also extremely cold so my drawings might be a bit off because my hands were frozen. My favourite drawing I did is the one I did with a dark graphite pencil, although I also think using black ink also worked really well here. I really enjoyed drawing this space because it is so dramatic looking and you can go as dark and heavy as you like on lines and use a range of different media.










No comments:

Post a Comment