Friday, December 9, 2016

Environmetal Drawing: Interior

For my interior space I decided to draw the Leeds Kirkgate markets. I thought this would be a nice place to draw because it is so colourful and quaint, the opposite to my exterior, the Dark Arches, so it would allow me to experiment using more colourful media. I really enjoyed drawing here as well, usually the owner of the stall I was drawing or passersby would come and look at my drawings and it was a good atmosphere to draw in, however standing holding a sketchbook for hours upon end did get quite tiring. I used media such as watercolour, felt tip and water, pencil, and chalk pastels because I think they compliment the light hearted, busy and interesting vibe the market has. I found the ceiling of the market quite hard to get right as well because it is so intricate. Below are some examples of my observations from the market. I really like the details of the sweet shop, I did the outlines of these and the other watercolour pieces at the market and then coloured them later at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment