Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Animation: Process and Production week 1


We were introduced this week to our next module, Process and Production. Our very first brief in this module is called "Make em laugh" and we are required to make a slightly longer animation of 25 seconds that features a humorous narrative. We are also required to follow a production workflow for this project. At the minute I am finding this brief very intimidating for a few reasons; firstly it is the biggest project we have been given to date, with the longest required time and also must have audio etc, and secondly because I am worried that the ideas I have won't be perceived as humorous by my audience.
I began brainstorming ideas under the different titles we were given by Mat; I thought of different ideas which I have pictured below, brainstorming using a spider diagram. The ideas I liked the most at this point are "A Birthday to Remember"- I thought perhaps I could relate this to the nativity story and try to make that funny, and the "First contact" idea, maybe with animals first meeting eachother, and in particular the idea of a sloth interests me because I think they are funny creatures. I also thought of the idea of an actual 'blind date', as in the fruit. I think this could be funny to many varied age groups but particularly the one I'm aiming for. We were told by Mat to try and decide on a target audience first; I am considering targeting my animation for young people, maybe around my age or younger.
I like the idea of dogs meeting eachother for the first time, or maybe for the First Encounters title I could animate a girl who sees someones dog for the first time and tries to steal it in different ways. When I thought of this idea I remembered the HOUND animation by Georgia Kriss. I really liked this animation and it definitely is my kind of humour, especially because it has dogs in it. I have linked the animation below;
https://vimeo.com/149238162

No comments:

Post a Comment