Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Life Drawing Progress- Like A Puppet on a String

I found the 'Form, Flow and Force' study task to be particularly challenging. I found it difficult to convey some of the squash and stretch movements, particularly the movement of a sideways kick. I think this was because I didnt have the time to add any shadow to the movement and perhaps this was not a movement that I should have done in water colour, however I liked using different shades of water colours in the other squash and stretch movement I did because I think it helped to convey the idea of movement and the water colour helped with portraying the fluidity in movement. I think the different coloured markers I used for the other poses in this task worked well because they allowed me to get a solid but precise line down, and also changing between colours for each pose here I think helps capture the idea of the movement being performed.


No comments:

Post a Comment