Thursday, November 17, 2016

Animate it! Progress

I have slightly changed my Animate it! idea since my last blog post. I have now decided on a slightly different scenario that actually includes me in it, however I am keeping the idea of my fear of butterflies. I have completed a storyboard of my new idea; the animation will focus largely on the movement of my eyes. I like this idea because it would be a lot more expressive and will demonstrate my fear a lot more than a wider shot. I am currently in the process of hand drawing each frame of the animation. The most difficult part so far has been keeping size and appearance of the objects consistent in each different frame, this has become quite frustrating. As a reference I have taken different pictures of myself performing different actions so I can draw from them. Even so I find transitioning from pose to pose quite difficult at times. I have currently done about 4 seconds or so of animation, and from flipping through the different pages I am so far quite pleased with some of it. My main worry is that people won't get that its a fear of mine and also if its really choppy. I hope it looks good when all is put together. The last time I wrote a blog post about this brief I was confused about which sort of art style to pursue that would work best for the brief. I have now decided on quite a realistic art style for myself, but am keeping the butterfly quite stylized like I discussed in my last blog post. My style when drawing the animation was inspired slightly by the music video from the song "Take On Me" by the eighties band A-Ha. I have always loved this song and video and particularly the sketchy, black and white, boiling point line style of animation that was used. I have linked the video below;

No comments:

Post a Comment