Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Animate it!Character Design


For my Animate it! brief I am focusing on my phobia of butterflies (apparently its called "Lepidoterophobia.") Because I will be featuring in the animation, I wanted to spend some time on my character and the reactions and emotions I will be displaying in the animation. I have drawn mys actual face so many times over the years, mostly for my foundation year, but I've never really drawn my body in full or sitting. First of all I thought of what pose I would be in if I was sitting relaxing in my garden, and then I did this in my room, in front of my laptops webcam so I could take a picture as a reference for my animation. The thing I found hard about this was actually drawing my facial features on a scale that is so much smaller and more fiddly than I'm used to. I then repeated this process, taking photos of myself looking scared and the relieved expression after the threat of the butterfly has gone. (In reality I would have ran inside the moment I saw the butterfly.) I found this helped with the key poses in the animation, but not with everything in between, so I then actually filmed myself doing this action. This was very helpful in making the movements look right.
Happy Me
Scared me








No comments:

Post a Comment