Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Make Em Laugh- Backgrounds

Before I began animating I designed the backgrounds below. When thinking about the setting for the 'Blind Date' supermarket I tried to replicate a fruit and vegetable section from one of the supermarkets in my home town. I really like the design I came up with but I think if given more time I would have like to add more detail and make it look more alive and busy and maybe add people to it to make it feel more real. I drew out the backgrounds on paper first and then carefully went over them with fine liner before scanning them in and colouring them on photoshop. I enjoyed exploring the different brush tools and opacitys until I found the one below which I think worked well for the texture of the wood and floor, and i also used different smudge tools and the mixing brush to try and add detail to the fruit which I think worked quite well. I am interested in doing background art for further modules and group projects so I really enjoyed designing these and thinking about the different shots that would be in my animation. I decided to go with a teal coloured background because I think it suits the setting of the supermarket well. I added a glow to the door in one of the shots because I wanted to clearly show that that is the dates final destination and I really like the effect its given the background and think it works well with the perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment