Friday, October 14, 2016

Flipbook

3rd-9th October

We began the first week of studio practice with an introduction to the 12 principles of Animation. I found learning about the principles was very interesting to see how professional animators give the illusion of life and how details we might think of as small or unimportant can make such a big difference to the end product. We attempted to use the first principle of animation, Squash and Stretch, to produce a few flipbooks of a bouncy ball. I really enjoy making flipbooks so this exercise was fun for me, and interesting to see how big of a difference adding the squash and stretch makes to the movement. I also made a flipbook of a little bunny jumping; this one I found more difficult to do as I had to consider the features of the bunny and I found it hard to keep his form consistent. I have linked my flipbooks below;





No comments:

Post a Comment