Wednesday, October 26, 2016


Set, Series, Sequence

On tuesday we received a new brief, Set, Series, Sequence. We had to pick a random word out of a hat and conduct visual research on it. The word I chose was 'slug.' At first I was put off by it because slugs aren't very interesting, but once I started researching I came across some interesting slug facts that I thought might work well if I illustrated them in a simple style.  I also drew the slugs in a realistic style and painted pictures of their texture and colour etc. I also explored the different types of slugs, for example there are some beautiful and cute sea slugs that look completely different to the common slug. I preferred illustrating the slug facts in a cute simple style rather than drawing realistic slugs, I felt this got across the facts better. In my initial brainstorm I also thought of slug as in a word for a punch, and slug as in shotgun bullets. I also used media such as watercolour, marker, biro and acrylic paint to see which would best represent the word slug. I quite like using a simple black marker to illustrate the slugs. I think my finished storyboard for the study
task will be based on a slug fact or a story about a sad slug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment